Bicycle Mechanic - Adelaide
Our purpose is to enrich mind, body, earth or soul with the freedom of riding.
About 99 Bikes:
99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 50 stores in six states and now two countries. We are a rapidly growing business that values our people and provides multiple avenues for progression and long term, rewarding careers.
Why Join 99 Bikes?
- Career progression and opportunities in the fastest-growing bike retail business in Australia. We promote from within 99% of the time.
- You don’t need to know everything about bikes! Our people are given constant training in our 99 Academy (Cytech, Sram Tech University, Shimano Tec etc.) so they can become experts in store.
- Access to fully funded further education opportunities: 99 Bikes Leadership Academy, 99 Bikes Business School (Cert III Business)
- Enjoy a base salary with a generous bonus system. Our mechanics also earn a share of workshop profits!
- We pay you for every day that you ride to work!
- Our “Earn to give” initiative. We are paid 1% on top of our annual salary and get to choose a charity to donate it to.
- Awesome team environment, with monthly reward and recognition events! We run social activities across the year including Demo Ride days and other team-based incentives. We are also involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office. Every year our top achievers are rewarded with an overseas global event.
- Access staff discounts for you and your family.
- Flexible work hours for the right candidates
- At 99 Bikes we believe in the strength of diversity. We strive to be the ‘World’s Most Approachable Bike Shops’ and understand the value of including varying perspectives and strengths across our teams. We are committed to hiring and promoting the right recruits and creating a culture that is safe and enjoyable for all walks of life regardless of age, culture, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or background.
What you’ll do
As a Bicycle Mechanic at 99 Bikes every day is different and presents a new challenge. You will not only be repairing and caring for a wide variety of bikes, but also providing exceptional customer service to their owners who love riding them. Your career as a bicycle mechanic will focus on repairing and building bikes quickly and consistently, while maintaining accuracy, safety and quality as a top priority. You will be required to use your excellent skills in communication, leadership and problem solving on a daily basis and will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment. Interested? Read on……
What you’ll bring to the team
- You are a true team player who integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, you don’t take yourself too seriously
- You thrive in a team environment and value a great culture, you want to enjoy your work.
- You value all customer enquiries and seek to deliver an exceptional experience for every customer.
- You have a people first mentality and foster lasting connections with your customers.
- You are curious, keen to expand your knowledge, enjoy solving problems and take great pride and satisfaction in figuring things out for yourself.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy taking ownership of different aspects of the running of the store.
- You are driven to be successful and strive to exceed targets. The more successful the workshop is, the more you earn!
- You are passionate about riding bikes and/or the health and mental benefits they can provide and are eager to increase your knowledge to become a true expert.
We are always looking for people with leadership potential to contribute towards the long-term growth of the business. There will be a number of opportunities for quick progression for the right people.
If this sounds like you, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to join one of the world’s most approachable bike shops, Apply Now!
"Growing up with an interest in riding and fixing bikes in 2010 I was fortunate to get an opportunity as a bike builder with 99 Bikes and have not looked back! Progressing into a mechanic role where I enjoyed the problem solving and challenges of fixing bikes. Now I am an Area Leader and really enjoy the new and different challenges I experience in the role"
Oliver Price, Area Leader WA