Bicycle Builder – Adelaide Area
Join our 99 Team!
Our purpose is to enrich ,mind, body, earth and soul with the freedom of riding. By working in our stores you will be part of that purpose, however it may resonate with you!
About 99 Bikes:
- We are the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with 57 stores in 6 states and have doubled in size over the last 3 years. Continuing our aggressive growth, we have even opened stores in New Zealand! Potential transfers to Auckland anyone?...
- Our People are our number one priority, we offer both professional and personal development to our staff to ensure they are the best they can be.
- We offer job security - as a fast growing business, in an industry that is booming, there is always work and never a time when you're not busy!
- We own the largest wholesaler of bicycles in Australia. We have multiple brands in our offering, giving us a competitive advantage and the comfort of knowing we always have the perfect bike for our customers!
- Our people are given constant training in our 99 Academy (Cytech, Sram Tech University, Shimano Tec etc.) so they can become experts in store.
- We run social activities across the year including Demo Ride days, Christmas and EOFY parties and other team-based incentives. We are also involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office.
Why build bikes at 99?
- Enjoy a competitive hourly rate with potential to boost your earnings. The more you build, the more you earn!
- Flexible rostering; times and days.
- Career progression and opportunities in the fastest growing bike business in Australia. We promote from within 99% of the time.
- Rewards and recognition at our monthly social nights.
- Test new bikes during our exclusive staff Demo Days - THAT'S RIGHT! Get paid to ride bikes for a day!
- Access staff discounts for you and your family!
- Work in a team where we make our own decisions and contribute to the overall success of 99 Bikes.
- “Earn to give”. We are paid 1% on top of our annual salary and choose a charity to donate it to!
The 99 Bikes Bike Builder
We are seeking Bike Builders to join our highly successful teams. You'll be building bikes, performing minor repairs and constantly learning, all whilst working in our professionally equipped workshops. Using our guided building process, you will work towards hitting daily targets, with high quality builds, being trained by our skilled mechanics in store. We also offer accredited training via Cert III and Cytech. Working on a flexible roster, you will be building bikes for our customers, ready to ride out the door!
We look for:
- Bicycle mechanic experience is highly regarded, but not required.
- Great attitude with eagerness to learn and take on new challenges is favoured over experience.
- Demonstrated achievement in any field.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Skilled, empathetic communicator with a genuine interest in people and in bikes
Our Commitment to Approachability
Serving all levels of riders and walks of life begins with having them on our teams!
At 99 Bikes we believe in the strength of diversity. We strive to be the ‘World’s Most Approachable Bike Shops’ and understand the value of including varying perspectives and leadership strengths in our teams. We are committed to hiring and promoting the right recruits and creating a culture that is safe and enjoyable for all walks of life, regardless of age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or background.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment and want to join one of the world’s most approachable bike shops, Apply Now!
"Growing up with an interest in riding and fixing bikes in 2010 I was fortunate to get an opportunity as a bike builder with 99 Bikes and have not looked back! Progressing into a mechanic role where I enjoyed the problem solving and challenges of fixing bikes. Now I am an Area Leader and really enjoy the new and different challenges I experience in the role"
Oliver Price, Area Leader WA