Future Leader - Adelaide
Our purpose is to enrich mind, body, earth or soul with the freedom of riding.
FAST TRACK TEAM LEADER
About 99 Bikes:
99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 55 stores in six states and now two countries. We are a rapidly growing business that values our people and provides multiple avenues for progression and long term, rewarding careers.
Why Join 99 Bikes?
- At 99 Bikes we believe in the strength of diversity. We strive to be the ‘World’s Most Approachable Bike Shops’ and understand the value of including varying perspectives and strengths across our teams. We are committed to hiring and promoting the right recruits and creating a culture that is safe and enjoyable for all walks of life regardless of age, culture, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or background.
- Career progression and opportunities in the fastest-growing bike retail business in Australia. We promote from within 99% of the time.
- Access to fully funded further education opportunities: 99 Academy (Cert III bicycle mechanics, Cytech accreditation), 99 Bikes Leadership Academy, 99 Bikes Business School (Cert III Business)
- Enjoy a base salary with uncapped commission. Store Leaders also earn a share of profits!
- We pay you for every day that you ride to work!
- Our “Earn to give” initiative. We are paid 1% on top of our annual salary and get to choose a charity to donate it to.
- Awesome team environment, with monthly reward and recognition events! We run social activities across the year including Demo Ride days and other team-based incentives. We are also involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office. Every year our top achievers are rewarded with an overseas global event.
- Access staff discounts for you and your family.
- Flexible work hours for the right candidates
The 99 Bikes Future Leader:
You will initially work as a Sales Consultant under one of our most experienced leaders. This will help you gain the tools and skills required to accelerate your development and earn a leadership role in one of our stores. You will focus on:
- Being a customer experience leader – you will lead by example in sales and customer service and in using our systems to ensure high standards in store.
- Taking ownership of a directorship in store - you will lead an operational aspect of the business that is vital to the development and success of the entire team.
- Developing your business acumen - you will learn to understand the financial impacts on the business and what is required to operate profitably.
- Being a superstar communicator - you will help to motivate and influence members of your team towards success.
- Fast progression to a Second in Charge role, with the goal of growing your knowledge to ultimately lead a store.
What we look for:
- You don't need to know everything about bikes! However, you will have passion for cycling, bikes and/or the health and mental benefits they can provide and are eager to increase your knowledge to become a true expert.
- A true team player who integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, you don’t take yourself too seriously
- Someone who thrives in a team environment and values a great culture
- Someone who values all customer enquiries and seeks to deliver an exceptional experience for every customer.
- An individual that has a people first mentality and fosters lasting connections with customers.
- The possession of an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoyment in taking ownership of different aspects of the running of the store.
- A drive to be successful and someone who strives to exceed targets. The more you sell, the more you earn!
Got What it Takes? Apply Now!
“I joined the 99 team late 2019 in the Fast Track Team Leader Program. I was immediately impressed with the rewarding, inclusive culture and the opportunities for growth within the company. Within 6 months I was in a Team Leader position and tasked with opening the ACT’s newest and largest store. Fast forward 12 months and I am now the ACT Area Leader. I am really excited to be working in such a supportive, progressive and fun environment and for the next leg of my journey with 99 Bikes”
Michelle Mordike – Area Leader ACT