Senior Demand Planner
Be part of our team and enjoy:
- Working alongside young, smart and capable people who are motivated by results. We take our business seriously, but not ourselves.
- Focusing on your strengths. We want you to become the expert in your area, and find where you can add value. This will ultimately shape your role and how happy you are in it.
- Fun culture. A social and fun working environment with regular events where you can let your hair down.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous staff purchasing policy on all products we sell.
About 99 Bikes:
- 99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 40 stores in 6 states. We have doubled in size over the last 3 years and are continuing our aggressive growth. Our goal is to be operating 56 shops by 2020.
- 99 Bikes offers job security as our parent company is Flight Centre. Our company strategy focuses on developing and engaging OUR PEOPLE in a long term career.
- We carry over 10 different brands of bikes and own our own wholesaler, which means we have more stock than other bicycle retailers. Managed effectively by a dynamic Product Team, this gives us a fantastic competitive advantage.
- We are involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office and we support a variety of charities, having donated over $350K to causes worldwide.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Demand Planner to lead our Demand and Inventory Team. This is a high level role in our business, based in our Brisbane office, and will suit an individual seeking the opportunity to help set the vision for our company’s inventory planning and stock control as well as lead a team towards the achievement of that vision.
- Responsible for category financial planning, forecasting analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
- Responsible for the Demand Planning of our largest category – Bikes, whilst leading and motivating our Demand Planner for Accessories and Inventory Allocator.
- Working closely with suppliers and 99 Bikes Category Managers to achieve a target 95% In Stock availability on Key Lines and a >4 stock turn of inventory.
- Ensuring the timely and efficient placement of weekly bulk replenishment orders with trade partners, considering aspects of lead times and freight terms.
- Management of Inventory Planning Systems with a strong view towards consistent improvement.
- Identification of inventory and sales target risks through detailed product line analysis.
- Manage the store grading and allocation process based on sales, store capacity and demographic.
- Management and identification of aged inventory.
We look for:
- Successful career in merchandise and inventory planning in a retail and/or wholesale environment.
- A demonstrable and proven track record of high achievements.
- Experience in leadership and people motivation.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal for the ability to deal directly with our store and supply network.
- Proven history of developing systems and processes around inventory management and control.
- Worked with ERP systems and Business Intelligence (BI) systems.
- Proven track record in OTB creation, management, allocations, inventory and reporting/analysis.
- Advanced level MS Excel skills.
Experience across both Retail and Wholesale/Manufacturing would be highly considered but not essential.
Got What it Takes?
Click 'Apply for this job' and attach your personal cover letter and resume. You will be sent an email inviting you to answer a few pre-screening questions before the application is submitted. Just follow the instructions for your application to be finalised.