Product Category Manager
Be part of our team and enjoy:
- Working alongside young, smart and capable people who are motivated by results. We take our business seriously, but not ourselves.
- Focusing on your strengths. We want you to become the expert in your area, and find where you can add value. This will ultimately shape your role and how happy you are in it.
- Fun culture. A social and fun working environment with regular events where you can let your hair down.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous staff purchasing policy on all products we sell.
About 99 Bikes:
- 99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 40 stores in 6 states. We have doubled in size over the last 3 years and are continuing our aggressive growth. Our goal is to be operating 56 shops by 2020.
- 99 Bikes offers job security as our parent company is Flight Centre. Our company strategy focuses on developing and engaging OUR PEOPLE in a long term career.
- We carry over 10 different brands of bikes and own our own wholesaler, which means we have more stock than other bicycle retailers. Managed effectively by a dynamic Product Team, this gives us a fantastic competitive advantage.
- We are involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office and we support a variety of charities, having donated over $350K to causes worldwide.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Category Manager to join our Product Team. This is a hands-on, full-time role, based in our Brisbane office and will suit an individual seeking high levels of responsibility that has a passion towards further development in Category Management.
- Manage effectively the range selection, pricing, promotion and sell through of product lines.
- Analyse sales, retail data and other consumer insights to assist in forming and developing long term Category strategy.
- Assist the Demand Planning team to forecast and allocate the correct level of inventory in order to best meet customer demand.
- Accurately manage category product data including entry of new lines, price changes, and product specifications.
- Foster trusting relationships with important Trade Partners, in order to achieve mutually beneficial trading terms, favourable buy prices and overall business support.
- Work closely with internal cross department functions including Marketing and Retail Leadership teams to assist in the support of category strategy and ultimate sell through of category product.
We look for:
- A proven track record of high achievements
- An obsession for exceptional customer service
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data
- A knack for numbers with an analytical mind
- Strong levels of communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and people skills
- A willingness to learn and take initiative
- Solid skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A passion for Bikes/Health and Fitness.
A sound knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles highly regarded.
Got What it Takes?
Click 'Apply for this job' and attach your personal cover letter and resume. You will be sent an email inviting you to answer a few pre-screening questions before the application is submitted. Just follow the instructions for your application to be finalised.