Assistant Category Manager | Bikes | Brisbane
About 99 Bikes
- High growth company only founded in 2007
- Currently 33 stores in Australia, currently opening 6 stores per year average.
- Part of the Pedal Group, with wholesaler Advance Traders (owned 50% by Flight Centre)
- A culture of flexibility, empowerment and responsibility
We are seeking an Assistant/Junior Category Manager to join our Bikes Product Team. This is a hands-on, full-time role, based from our offices in Brisbane and will suit an individual seeking high levels of responsibility and have a passion towards learning Category Management.
Reporting to the Category Manager you will;
- Assume responsibility for your own Sub-Categories of Bikes
- Manage effectively the range selection, pricing, promotion and sell through of product lines.
- Analyse sales, retail data and other consumer insights to assist in forming long term Sub-Category strategy development.
- Assist the Demand Planning team to forecast and allocate the correct level on inventory in order to best meet customer demand.
- Accurately manage category product data including entry of new lines, price changes, and product specifications
- Foster trust relationships with important Trade Partners, in order to achieve mutually beneficial trading terms, favourable buy prices and overall business support.
- Work closely with internal cross department functions including Marketing and Retail Leadership teams to assist in the support of category strategy and ultimate sell through of category product.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A proven track record of high achievements
- A passion for bicycles as a product category
- An obsession of customers
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data
- A knack for numbers with an analytical mind
- Strong levels of communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and people skills
- A willingness to learn and take initiative
- Solid skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
A sound knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles highly regarded.
- $45k to $60k plus Super, depending on candidate proven achievement and experience
- Base Wage plus Incentive.
If you are interested in applying please email your CV and a Cover Letter to Craig.Fitzsimon@99bikes.com.au, detailing proven achievements and why you would be the best suited to this role.