Apprentice Bicycle Mechanic | Brisbane
Join our Team of Mechanics at 99 Bikes!
We are seeking budding bicycle mechanics, that are excited about building a career within the Cycling Industry.
Work for 99 Bikes and enjoy:
- A generous apprentice salary: earn a base wage and enjoy a commission bonus based on your performance.
- Get qualified with a Certificate 3 training in bicycle mechanics.
- Rapid career growth. Opportunities for accelerated progression to a qualified mechanic
- Generous staff purchasing scheme.
- Annual events such as an end of year Ball and an annual Christmas party and monthly drink and dinner celebrations.
About the role:
The Certificate 3 in Bicycle Workshop operations is a 3 year apprenticeship. Join our team of mechanics as an apprentice and begin your on the job training from day one. You will have a qualified, supervising mechanic allocated to you in store that will work closely with you throughout your apprenticeship. Certificate 3 training will be conducted on a regular basis by our in-house mechanic trainer, acting on behalf of TAFE Skillstech. At the completion of your qualification, you will have the opportunity to step into a senior mechanic role at 99 Bikes.
About 99 Bikes:
We are the largest single retailer of bikes in Australia, part of the highly successful Flight Centre Group. 99 Bikes has a large store network that is constantly growing. Our goal is to be operating 56 shops by 2020. Unlike other bike stores, we carry over 10 different brands of bikes and own our own wholesaler, which means we always have bikes in stock, at competitive prices. We also have a customer loyalty system with over 300,000 paid members and we support cycling-specific charities – for instance, in 2014 we donated 355 bikes to Ugandan children. All our stores have professional workshops to help support customer's and stores needs.
- Year 12 completed (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated achievement in any field.
- Availability to work weekends
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Skilled, empathic communicator with a genuine interest in people.
This is a long-term career opportunity for the right person, looking to be at the forefront of the industry.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term career then apply now.